Linda's November Blog
One of my favorite things to do at this time of the year is reflect on all that has happened in the past 12 months.
I went to our Facebook page to see specifically what we have done to support people to have “personalized community life experiences” in ways that have impacted their life. The following is a small sample of activities that have happened involving people supported by Bear Creek Services.
Please note: I encourage you to go to Facebook and “Like” our page so that you can always see what our residents are up to!
* Allendale and Kelly D’s residents regularly enjoy “burger night” at the American Legion
* Terry went to Disney World
* Folwell night saw the largest number of students and family members who spent the evening enjoying dinner with a significant number of BCS residents
* Several of our residents and staff cleaned up a public park for Litter-Bit Better Day, demonstrating our dedication to give back to the community
* Becky got to enjoy a Kenny Rogers concert
* Joe, Derek, Phil, and Gary spent 3 days fishing in Hayward, WI
* Kadie, Breanna, Gail and Jill got to enjoy some of the fun offerings through Community Education. We have lots of individuals who participate in classes offered for people with disabilities, but these ladies have ventured into the classes offered to the community at large!
* Diana saw family during her trip to Arizona
* Stanley, Randy, Billy, David, Jerry and Bev enjoyed a day at the fair
* Brady and Derek spent a day at White Water State Park
* Lynn got to enjoy a day target shooting
* Jon saw the band, “The Executives” on a trip to LaCrosse, WI. He even got a shirt out of the deal from one of the band members
* Park Hill House ladies and staff hosted National Night Out, with about 40 neighbors hanging out for the evening
* Andrew and Alex displayed their artwork in the Mayo Clinic Subway for “Art and Ability”
* Derek spent a beautiful fall day watching pee-wee football at a local park
* Loren, Randy, and Dale are all active members in Civitan, which is a local civic organization
* Gary officially joined the new Senior Center, 125 Live
Link to our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BCSRochester/